Monday, November 24, 2008

Christine Goodman

My first childhood memory is of sitting on my father's drafting table,
attempting to scribble on a piece of paper while my dad sketched for
hours on end. When I got older, we would wander around sculpture
gardens with a picnic basket and drawing pads, or set up a still life
scene to paint together in the basement. This was sacred time for me
and ultimately, it was about building a strong artistic bond with my
father. When I consider the work I'm creating now, I see the impact
those years have had. My artwork is always about connection. Whether
exploring my personal connection to the world, or the connections we
make (and fail to make) to one another as human beings, my work
reflects the bonds that bring us together -- and break us apart.

No comments: