Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lissanne Lake

My life as an artist began as a toddler when I was given a box of crayons
and methodically melted them one by one on the radiator to
see the colors run. I have grown into more conventional mediums, but still kept my love of color.
Telling stories through paint has always been my way, I am an illustrator by nature. I have always been interested in photo-realism incorporating the themes of antiquity and paradox.
Most of my work utilizes representations of living figures, whether realistic or decorative, in combination with still life subjects. This is
in order to celebrate the juxtaposition of the transient and the eternal. Art is one of the few ways I feel we have to extend the brevity of the human lifespan, and potentially touch the future.

No comments: