Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Matt Fricovsky


Artisticspecimen.com
The focus of my work is on the colors and illusions of movement, depth, and luminosity that are common to most of my work. It has been described as sci-fi abstracted, quasi-organic form. Important influences on my work are Boris Vallejo and H.R. Giger.

I do not try to communicate underlying messages, but rather wish the viewer to discover his/her own connection and interpretation of my work. There are no messages or hidden agendas. I usually don't set out knowing exactly what my work is going to look like, but am most comfortable watching where my hands take me - much like getting into a trance. It’s mostly just inspired by my imagination. I’m not interested in changing what art "means" or fitting into some kind of cultural or "style" category, but strive to follow my internal guidance, and my feelings. If other people end up liking my work, it's an added bonus. I’m not saying this is the best and only way to approach creation - it's just the way I work and produce best and I've discovered through my own experience that my work speaks most clearly when I let it speak on its own.

No comments: